For Micro-Timeline: Part Deux, see below. Micro-Timeline: Part One exists here, and you can see both of them together, in one place, here. Happy reading.
Here’s a step-by-step, chronological outline that picks up from where Micro-Timeline: Part One left off, with the public hearing on the proposed Barron Center site for the Homeless Services center, and takes us through to where we are today: with three potential sites for the city’s new Homeless Services Center.
The timeline is followed by a Notes section where you'll find links to more information.
- Take a look at the materials from the September 8, 2018 Community Information Forum that was held at the Abromson Center at USM Portland:
- A video of the 56-minute presentation, "The Future of Homeless Services in Portland." Psst! Skip to 7:20 for the presentation start.
- Supporting Documents for "September 8, 2018: The Future of Homeless Services in Portland"are available in this annotated list explaining them all for ease of access and use.
- You can also access the supporting documents—and a bunch of other information related to planning for the new Homeless Services Center--here.
- See “Life is What Happens When You’re Making Shelter Plans” for more detail on what transpired at the September 11, 2018 HHS & PS meeting, when the committee decided to pivot and take another look at models and available land.
- For more about the partnerships that have developed through this process, see “It Takes a Village."
- See “Shelter Update: Finding the Best Site" for the full list of 14 properties. See a visual representation of the screening process in the committee materials for the January 22nd meeting. Watch the whole meeting here.