LOCATION: State of Maine Room, City Hall, 389 Congress Street
- The State of Maine Room is on the 2nd floor of City Hall.
- If you enter through the front doors, go up the curving staircase, turn right at the top, continue to the end of the hallway and then left around the corner.
The City Council’s Health & Human Services Committee will hold a public forum to discuss the design and planning for the new emergency shelter. The complete agenda along with back-up documents are available in the committee's agenda center.
Additionally, the City has created a dedicated webpage to house all of the materials related to the planning for a new shelter so that the public can stay informed of the process as it progresses.
At the HHS meeting, Dawn Stiles, the City’s Director of Health & Human Services will give an overview presentation and then the committee will hear from:
- Rob Parritt, the Director of the Oxford Street Shelter;
- Steve Weatherhead of Winton Scott Architects; and
- Ann Tucker and Dr. Renee Faye-LeBlanc of Greater Portland Health.
Following these presentations, the Committee will open up the meeting to a public hearing where members of the public will have the chance to offer input on the draft proposal via spoken testimony or written comments. Post-its, chart paper, and markers will also be provided for written comments.